Roane County Schools Child Find Services
Do you have questions about your child's development?
The Roane County Schools, in partnership with Head Start, performs ongoing developmental screenings for children 3-5 years of age living in Roane County. The goal is to identify children whose development may not be within the expected ranges and are therefore in need of further evaluation and assessment. The areas evaluated can include the five developmental areas under the Individuals with Disabilities Act (IDEA) including screening of hearing and vision.
- Cognitive - ability to learn
- Physical - ability to move, see and hear
- Communication - ability to understand language and express needs
- Social/Emotional - ability to relate with others
- Adaptive - ability to perform self-help skills independently
Schedule your appointment by calling the Roane County Schools Special Education Office at (865) 717-5461
**With parental permission, the results of the screening can be shared with the primary care provider for the child.
**A Family Resource Coordinator, provided by Head Start, can be made available to families who may need additional resources.